Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions (BDS) is a Palestinian-led movement for freedom, justice and equality. BDS upholds the simple principle that Palestinians are entitled to the same rights as the rest of humanity.
- Announcement follows similar decisions by authorities in Argentina and Netherlands - Actions against Mekorot held across 12 countries Lisbon's water company EPAL has announced that it terminated a technology exchange deal with Israeli state water company Mekorot following protests over Mekorot's role in Israel's 'water apartheid' over Palestinians. Portuguese MPs and campaign groups had argued that the deal amounted to support for Mekorot's role in the theft of Palestinian water. Mekorot, who lost out on a $170m contract with Argentinian authoritie
- La Plata contract loss follows similar boycott by Dutch firm Vitens
- European construction firms and pension funds abandon Israel
- Student and youth unions continue to throw weight behind BDS
- YWCA-YMCA in Norway adopt BDS
In the latest success for the growing Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement against
March 12, 2014, Occupied Palestine - The Palestinian BDS National Committee (BNC), the largest coalition of Palestinian civil society unions, political parties and organisations, calls on people of conscience around the world to take concrete measures to boycott and/or work toward
Scarlett Johansson has today announced that she is resigning her role as Oxfam ambassador following a huge outcry over her role as the public face of a ad campaign by SodaStream, an Israeli company that based in an illegal Israeli settlement.
Occupied Palestine, January 27 - The Palestinian Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions National Committee (BNC), the largest coalition in Palestinian civil society, including trade unions, political parties, popular committees and NGOs, calls on Oxfam to immediately sever ties with Hollywood actor Scarlett Johansson over her vocal support for illegal Israeli settlements on occupied Palestinian territory.
SodaStream markets itself as environmentally friendly, but this hides an ugly truth: the company is a colonial enterprise with its main production facility located
In November of last year, the UN General Assembly designated 2014 as the UN International Year of Solidarity with the Palestinian people.
Just three weeks into 2014, the boycott, divestment and sanctions (BDS) movement has again shown that it represents an increasingly effective form of solidarity with the Palestinian struggle for freedom, justice and equality.
In early January, high profile Norwegian singer Moddi http://elec